Michael's television preferences leave me scratching my head at times. Like my dad, he'll find the oddest things entertaining, like paraplegic basketball or something. Or, like my mom, he'll find some sci-fi B-movie marathon from the 80's to not only watch and rave about, but chatter to me every five minutes about the spandex-clad excitement unfolding before him.
Case in point: Earlier today, he purposefully chose to watch a program On-Demand about how to put fake facial hair on a little Asian boy to turn him into a werewolf. Oooh, exciting. Right now he is watching "American Ninja" which, from my 10-second observations every now and then, appears to be excruciatingly bad. During commercial breaks he told me a story and quoted lines from "Mad Max", but I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying because inside my head I was thinking, "OMG, he can quote 'Mad Max'." I have never seen "Mad Max", nor had any real inclination to, but it was one of those movies (along with "Labyrinth" and "Dark Crystal") that my mom would try to get us to watch, which usually ended up scaring me.
I can lend you my copy of "Time Bandits" for your extended viewing pleasure. ...and I just picked up Flash Gordon on DVD! BTW, Beyond Thunderdome was the best Mad Max.
ReplyDeleteRock on!
-G