On the home front, we're all done with making selections and have paid our construction fee, which is essentially our down payment. Right now the building permit has been sent to the City of Gig Harbor and we're just waiting for it to come back so they can get started. Apparently it's taking up to a month for them to come back, so we might have a couple more weeks of waiting. Mike drives by the lot after work and updates me on the construction of three of the homes they've started on. Just to whet your appetite on our future home, I give you a picture of our sexy kitchen sink (we have a different faucet than the one shown):

The Puyallup Fair started today and goes until September 20. I have a love-hate relationship with the fair. I like that I know have something to do on my day off (if I so choose, which I never do, but at least I have that option), but I hate the massive traffic it brings to the downtown area, which is right where we live. I go to the fair to look at animals that stink and browse through the marketplace area where guys with microphones try to sell me magic chamois cloths and pressure washers. I also like to taste test my way through the fair, starting with giant ears of buttery corn and fresh lemonade.
Congratulations on the new digs!
ReplyDelete