Monday, May 11, 2009

on being pregnant

In the past few weeks of my pregnancy, I've noticed some new things about myself.  My hair is oilier, my face is greasier, and I'm breaking out in acne all over my face.  I'm nauseated most of the day despite my daily ginger ale intake and the Sea Bands Mike bought me.  I thought I would die of fecal poisoning a couple of days ago due to pregnancy constipation, but thanks to the wonder that is colace, I'm doing better in that department.  I'm tired during the day and dizzy whenever I stand up for long periods of time.  I can't wait until the second trimester which is when all the pregnancy books say these symptoms will pass.

As far as the food department goes, I haven't been eating as much as I used to (which is probably a good thing) because of the nausea.  I've had some aversions to food, which I find completely strange.  If I see or even think about greek salad, whole olives, or KFC grilled chicken, I get the dry heaves.  Things that would normally taste good to me, like hot dogs and bacon, no longer appeal to me (again, probably a good thing).  On the other hand, I'm craving things like milk (?!), yogurt, waffles, freshly cooked calrose rice, fruit, spaghetti, and ramen noodles.

According to the baby widget, I'm in my 10th week of pregnancy.  My next ultrasound appointment is May 20th.  I hope Baby B makes a good showing and that s/he is healthy and well.  In the meantime, we have to disassemble the new double bed we got for the guest room so we can transform it into the baby's room, and maybe come up with more potential baby names for the little one growing inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment