Today was day 2 of bedrest. My parents came over to keep me company since Mike had work today, and my friend Joanne came with her 1-year old pomeranian, Ranchan. I did a better job of staying in bed today, partly because the bleeding came back a little worse this morning. I'm also having some cramping, but I think I'm just being paranoid with all that's happened and it's probably just my uterus growing. I think I'm going to need an SCD (sequential compression device) soon to prevent me from getting a DVT (deep vein thrombosis) from the bedrest and inactivity. I already think I have a small clot brewing in my right thigh, but that's probably the gloom-and-doom hypochondriac talking.
It was nice having my parents around to keep me company. My mom made arroz caldo, one of my favorite Filipino dishes (kind of like the pinoy version of chicken noodle soup, except that it's more of a chicken and rice stew) and my dad and I played various games on Wii. Joanne's dog was super cute, running around and forcing snuggles onto anyone he came into contact with.
Maybe tomorrow I'll start reading Twilight or bring some scrapbook supplies down with me to start a pregnancy book for Baby B. And maybe tomorrow I'll have someone hang a "No Visitors" sign on the door so we won't get all the persistent door-knockers we've been getting lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment