Baxter's been sleeping pretty well through the night, usually giving us a 4.5-5 hours stretch of rest. He's still co-sleeping with us, otherwise no one in the family would get decent sleep. Bax tends to grunt and grimace in his bassinet, and we wouldn't be able to sleep through it. I'm not sure if the grunting is because of his reflux issues (for which he's on Zantac -- baby has a med list already), or because of his straining/constipation problem. I hope things regulate for him soon as I'm tired of getting ambushed by projectile vomit and having to see him strain to fart. Farts should be fun, dang it.
Another fun thing we've noticed is that he likes to focus on people's faces, even his own. He has this mirror toy with bugs and other things to grab, and he probably spent 45 minutes playing with it today. It's so cute to see him give his reflection cheeky little smiles.
Here's a thought for you: his size now is almost as big as Lily was at birth.
ReplyDeleteMy friend Emily's son was born weighing in at 6 lbs, 13 oz two days before Thanksgiving. When I hold him, I think, "So this is what a normal-sized baby feels like . . ."