Baxter is now three months old! My, how the time has passed by. He continues to amaze us with how fast he's growing. I swear, he'll gain inches overnight. He's now wearing size 6 months clothes. Our little preemie is a big boy now!
In the last month, Baxter's definitely become more social. He smiles and coos whenever he sees Mike or I, and loves LOVES loves having no diaper on. He's the most talkative and active at diaper changes. As soon as you lay him down on the changing pad, it's like gets all excited and lets out these little screams of happiness and starts wiggling his butt from side to side. So funny.
He's also a little bit easier to put down for sleepy time, which has definitely helped us. We can tell when he's cranky because he's fighting sleep vs. any other issue. He's eating better, spitting up less, and generally just a great baby. He still doesn't like tummy time, but maybe it's because he tries to do push ups when he's on his belly.
Last weekend we went to Portland, OR to visit Matt's family and get out of Gig Harbor. It was Baxter's first long road trip out of state and hotel stay. I'd say he did pretty well! He slept nearly the entire time driving over to Portland (but we did take him out halfway just to jiggle his legs) and was conked out for most of the hotel stay (see picture below). He did kind of have a big hissy fit at Matt and Angie's house, but I think it was because he was tired. Max and Chance (Bax's cousins who are 3 and 1 years old) were so interested in him. Max was especially sweet, giving him hugs when he was crying or trying to give him his binky. Aww.
Here's some more pictures of Baxter in some fun shirts. He's promoting the green agenda already. :)
I go back to work next Tuesday after four months of maternity leave. Part of me is excited to be a member of working society again and to see all my friends there, but another part of me is afraid I've forgotten how to do my job. I'll be changing some significantly bigger diapers, that's for sure. Mike will get his first taste of day-long babysitting on Feb. 9, and I hope I don't come home to both of them crying.





No comments:
Post a Comment