Baxter is four months old! He checked in at 13 lbs. 5 oz. (10th percentile) and 23.75 inches long (25th percentile) and had a head circumference in the 50th percentile at his pediatrician's office last week. He's officially on the charts!
Our little man has become quite the smiley guy these days. He greets everyone he sees with a big gummy smile, just like in this picture. His coos are like incomprehensible conversations and sound like he's mimicking what he hears. The other day I was playing Jason Mraz (which is what I played and sang along to a lot when I was pregnant with him, as well as the CD of choice in the delivery room), and Mike and I noticed Baxter's coos sounded like he was singing along with the music! It's so cute to hear him shriek with glee at things he sees. He's such a happy little boy.
Bax's pediatrician said that we could start feeding him baby food, starting with rice cereal. I bought him a high chair and he totally loved sitting in it like a big boy. He smacks his hands on the tray and looks at you like he's doing something important. This picture was taken at Babies R Us when I was testing the different chairs out, and this particular model is the one I ended up buying (the Chicco Polly, for anyone who cares).
Bax seemed interested in the rice cereal as I was mixing it, but when I spooned some in his mouth he made this confused/horrified face as if to say, "What the heck is this, and why is it in my mouth?" He mushed it around in his mouth and it eventually made it's way on his bib. The next day's attempt was a little better -- he'd actually open his mouth and smile at me for spoonfuls of cereal. I thought he was a quick learner on eating, until he opened his mouth after about six spoonfuls and I realized he'd been cheeking his food like all the Alzheimers patients I feed at work.
The weather over here feels like it's trying to turn into spring (with the exception of today -- it was snowing!). We've been going on walks in the stroller to Costco, Albertsons, and Target. It's pretty nice to not have to deal with parking and also a way to curb spending since you can't buy anything you won't be able to lug back in the stroller. Bax enjoys going outside as well. I think he likes looking at all the cars and landscaping we pass.
The picture to the left is just a funny shot of Mike. "Chuck" is a show we just discovered and are on a quest to find old episodes online to watch.
I like putting hats on Bax, partly to cover his Billy Crystal hair that's always sticking up. He's wearing his dad's hat in this shot.
Totally unrelated, but I think I'll dress Baxter up as a lobster for Easter. I received a lobster costume at my baby shower from my friend Joanne, and I think it finally fits him.
If any of you have a webcam on your computer and want to video chat with us on Skype, our screen name is baloghney. Skype is a fun (and free!) way to keep in touch with family across the miles. Bax seems to enjoy his weekly chats with his grandparents. (You can download the app at skype.com)
Baxter's wearing shoes! So cute!



No comments:
Post a Comment