Wednesday, April 8, 2009
ribbit ribbit
The other day at work I had this guy -- 96 years old who came in for weakness. In my opinion, you're allowed to be weak if you're 96. He also had a bad case of Alzheimers and dementia and kept night shift up all night, but was pretty sweet for me. A co-worker called me "the patient whisperer" since everytime she looked in his room, he'd be fast asleep among his pillows, hands clasped, with a big smile on his face. I think the trick to it was that I put his TV on the relaxation channel, which plays soothing music and shows nature scenes. After about 8 hours of that, he asked me to turn it off. I noticed he got restless again, so instead I opted to play nature sounds from our fancy $70,000 beds. 10 minutes later, I hear him screaming. I run in and ask him what the problem was, and he said, "There's a frog in my bed!" He was listening to "Orchestra of Frogs and Crickets". Oops! Honestly, I didn't mean to mess with you, Grandpa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment