Wednesday, June 30, 2010

On the move

A couple days ago I was playing with Baxter on the floor and decided to get a video of him doing his "inchworm" thing in an attempt to crawl.  Here's that video:



While I was busy typing out all the little details of the video on my iPhone to send to YouTube, Baxter crawled about seven feet.  I only realized it after I looked up from my phone and saw that he was far away from me with a big smile on his face.

It was such a big milestone for him that I got overwhelmed with emotion and started to cry.  Here he was, my little baby boy, crawling already.  What happened to the little preemie who used to be so dependent on us?  I remember having to keep the temperature in the house warmer than we'd like to help regulate his temperature better.  I remember having to closely monitor how much he was taking in to make sure he was eating well to gain weight.  Now he's scooting away from us at any chance he gets and cramming fistfuls of puffs in his mouth, always ready and willing to give you a slobbery "mmmmwah" on the cheek (or nose).

This little guy amazes me everyday.  I love seeing the thrill of discovery in his face whenever he experiences something new and exciting to him.  It truly is a blessing to be a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment