Thursday, August 5, 2010

Old friend, New friends

My friend Chester Costales, his lovely wife, Jamie, and their two adorable sons, Gabriel and Liam, came to visit us on Tuesday night.  I've known Chester since elementary school, and we were walking partners during our high school graduation.  He and his family live in North Carolina as he attends UNC for some high-falutin' pharmacy-related degree, and I've since made friends with his wife via Facebook since their youngest son was also a NICU baby.  It was great to finally meet her in person and to see their cute little boys.

As soon as they walked in the door, Baxter, Gabriel, and Liam seemed to be comfortable with everyone else.  Baxter crawled next to both Chester and Jamie, even pulling himself up on Chet's shorts like he wanted to be carried by him.  Bax usually gives people he doesn't know a good stare down for a while and doesn't like it when strangers carry him for very long.  He went over to Jamie and grabbed her nose.  He tried to pull himself up on both Gabriel and Liam.  Gabriel walked over to me and handed me toys, and I made Liam laugh a couple of times as well.  It was a great visit, I only wish we were able to get a picture of everyone together!  Oh well, maybe next time.  I hope they decide to move back to Washington after Chet graduates so that our families can hang out more.  (Hint hint -- I know you guys read this!)  They're super nice and hilarious people, and I hope the rest of their trip is fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment