Monday, October 27, 2008

Pen OCD


For as long as I can remember, I have been a penaholic. I have always loved pens. There's nothing better than getting a new pen out of its package and doing test doodles to see how smoothly it writes. When we went to Japan last year, I was introduced to Loft, a department store that had an entire floor dedicated to pens. And, if you're a penaholic like me, you know Japanese pens are the best as far as smooth writing, fine tips, and quality go. That's why, my friends, I am excited to share with you a website I just discovered five minutes ago: JetPens. It's a website that sells nothing but Japanese pens, and if you order $25 worth you get free shipping. Not only that, but they have multi-ink pens, which are my staple at work.

I've stocked my pen stash thus far with Daiso (Japanese dollar store) pens -- whenever we get a chance to go to Westlake Center, I load up on them. I bought a few extra and shared with those who have made fun of my pen OCD, and after they use their pen, they can see why I'm such a freak about them, and now they are envious of my fabulous pens. JetPens has fancy multi-ink pens with metal barrels! Not only is that more eco-friendly than the plastic disposable ones I'm currently using, but I love that I can just refill the colors I run out of (usually black) instead of having to chuck the whole pen when it runs out or trying to find a different pen with an ink supply that will fit in my multi-pen. (Sad to say, I've done this a couple of times.) JetPens even has videos (!?!) showcasing the latest and greatest features of their products. It's to drool for. If only they made a mulit-pen with a built-in highlighter and permanent marker....

No comments:

Post a Comment