Remember how I was complaining of some type of respiratory problem in my last post? It turns out that my childhood asthma came back due to being pregnant. Joyous! I earned myself an inhaler and a Z-pack for my cough. I'm back to bi-weekly OB appointments and non-stress tests for Baxter (hour long baby heartrate and contraction monitoring). My blood pressures have been on the high side (SBP 140-150s, DBP 70-90s) and my 24-hour urine protein levels went back up to 780 mg. We had an ultrasound last Saturday morning to check on baby's growth and was pleased to see his weight went up to approximately 4 lbs., 9 oz. According to Dr. Venuto (high risk OB), everything's progressing normally. He still has good blood flow through his umbilical cord and is growing proportionately. My blood work continues to be normal and I'm not having any symptoms of pre-eclampsia anymore, it's just my dang blood pressure and urine protein that's abnormal. Unfortunately, those are the two hallmark signs of pre-eclampsia so until those resolve, it's bedrest and constant testing for me.
We also had a family baby shower at our house last Saturday. Rosanna was nice enough to plan everything and we thought it was a big success. We've never had so many people at our house, but it all worked out with the help of creative seating. It was kind of like an open house party too, as some of our guests had never seen our house before. We got so many wonderful presents! After the party was over, we both felt like we were more prepared for Baxter to come. His nursery is starting to become more functional with the addition of a diaper pail, shelves, and a changing pad. We just need to finish the rocking chair and hang wall decorations. I've started washing a few of his tiny outfits and blankets, and started packing our hospital bags just in case. It's a little surreal but exciting at the same time.
Any bets on when he'll come? I'm thinking (hoping) for mid to late-November. My mom's hoping he comes out on her birthday but since that's tomorrow, I don't think she'll get her wish. Happy Halloween everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment