Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bedrest: Week 2

Week 2 of bedrest has been a little more exciting than Week 1. I've had visits from family and opportunities to leave the house and see the world. Okay, so most of those outings are my bi-weekly visits to the OB or to the lab (I get to do weekly 24 hour urine collections), but this week I also went to the dentist (ooh!), our newborn preparation class, and Target.

I'd been heavily hinting to Michael about wanting to go out to Target for a while, and yesterday he finally let me, on one condition -- I had to sit in a wheelchair. A manual wheelchair wouldn't have been bad, but all they had were those motorized carts. Michael made me use it and it was totally embarrassing. It made a loud BEEP BEEP BEEP noise every time I backed up, I ran into the back of Mike's legs a couple of times, and I almost took out a couple of endcap displays when attempting to turn into an aisle. I decided that I wasn't going to ask him to let me out to the stores any longer if I had to ride in another lame-o wheelchair.

Earlier in the week we went to Mike's parents' house in Poulsbo to visit Guy (Mike's oldest brother) and Erin's family who are visiting from California. I had a lot of fun playing with Kate and Quinn. Kate and her Uncle Mike carved pumpkins, and when they were done she clasped her hands together and declared them "beautiful!" Before we left that night, Mike went to say bye to Kate only to find her fast asleep in front of their pumpkins. She's so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment