

Some of my co-workers threw a baby shower for me and Baxter last Saturday. It was so nice to hang out with them (with me sitting on the couch, of course), eat good food, and see all the nice gifts they gave us. A big thanks to Kirsten for hosting it. (She's the one on the left.) Baxter got a bathtub, bath toys, a taggie blanket, a cool coinbank, beanbag animal friends, and numerous cute outfits. I can't wait to put them on him!
The past couple of days have been pretty trying for me. I've developed some kind of respiratory issue, and I'm not sure if it's all baby related because I'm wheezing and crackly sounding at times. Going up the stairs makes me lose my breath for about 5-10 minutes and I have a hard time sleeping because I can't breathe. It's been hard. My SBPs have been pretty steady in the 130-150 range, but I'd like to see them even lower. I've been having more headaches and that come back as soon as the tylenol wears off. The swelling in my hands go up and down throughout the day, and I've been having more contractions and feeling big movements from the baby. Baxter is pretty active from about 10 pm-4 am, so that keeps me up as well.
My goal for the week is to not get admitted to the hospital. I'm afraid if I get admitted, they won't let me out again. Part of me wouldn't mind getting admitted because at least Michael wouldn't have to work double hard with working full time and trying to take care of me, but the other part of me doesn't want to have to stay in the hospital all by myself day and night. Mostly I don't want to have to stay in the hospital for six more weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment